Work is no longer a 9-5 ordeal, and we often tend to bring back things to do. As a result it’s important that we have our working nook in the house so we can isolate work and personal space as much as possible.
- The room under the stairs: The space, the famous Harry Potter lived in, can be well utilised to carve out a fancy work space. If you are a space optimiser freak, you could also build a cabinet in the staircase.
- The landing between the stairs: This usually is the most under utilised space, as it is used more as a pathway between the rooms. However, this space could be used to build an unobtrusive work area with a table built in within a cabinet, and a chair.
- Folding tables in cabinet: Tables take a lot of space, but a book shelf with a folding cabinet can really cut a lot of space while creating an office like nook, when one wants to work or transforming into a library of sorts, otherwise.
- Table extentions in bed side tables: You could create a small laptop extention in your bed side table, if you end up working into the night.
- Having sleek and nifty work tables allows you to be more creative, as they can fit into any space and concept. Such tables can in fact become an essential part of your living room or bedroom, adding more layers to your rooms and your identity.
Hope these little space optimisations and furniture innovations help you create a small office space at home. For more such tips, stay tuned.