Usually, people who intend to put their homes on rent get minimal furnishing done. So when you rent an apartment, you’re likely to find it quite bare. Here are some changes you can make to personalize the space, without too much hassle.
1) Removable storage options: Removable cupboards ideas are clever way to add storage in your new apartment. Easy to install kitchen islands are again a great way to add extra storage and informal dining space where your family can gather for meals.
2) Light fixtures: Many a times landlords install ordinary fixtures when they plan to give out the house on rent. These most often don’t reflect your style. You may discuss installing shades of your choice, with the landlord, and agree to replace the old ones back, when you vacate the house.
3) Wall decals: Wall decals are quick and easy way of renovation of your home. It is a very helpful decorating idea to give a fresh look to you old apartment.
4) Wall Paint: You could ask your landlord if he is okay with you creating a textured wall. Most often, landlords do the whitewashing before they hand over the flat. If you have any colour preferences, you could specify them at this time. You may have to pay for a textured wall, but it would personalize your flat a bit more.
5) Curtain fittings: When planning of small renovation you can finish your window makeover with a beautiful new set of curtains. Curtains can render an entirely new look to the existing look of your home and they are too easy to install.
These cosmetic changes along with your classy decorative interior décor items, would certainly give your home that extra edge, and make you feel at home even in a rented apartment.